How Do Male and Female Babies Prevent Urinary Tract Infections?
Urinary tract infection refers to the invasion of the urinary system by pathogenic microorganisms, which multiply in the urine and invade the urinary tract mucosa or tissue to cause an inflammatory reaction.
Due to different ages and urinary sensation, there are three main manifestations: 1. Pyelonephritis, this disease affects most infants and young children, often with moderate to high fever, with convulsions or chills, but also general malaise, wilting, pale complexion, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea. The neonatal period can be characterized by weight loss, feeding difficulties, jaundice, irritation, fever or hypothermia. The older child complained of flank pain or low back pain, and there was a pain in the kidney area. 2. Cystitis, mostly affects elderly girls, frequent urination, urgency, difficulty urinating, endless urination, lower abdominal discomfort, pain in the suprapubic area, symptoms of urinary incontinence, sometimes odor in the urine, and eczema in the vulva. Cystitis generally does not cause fever. 3. Asymptomatic bacteriuria, it affects almost girls only, refers to the clinical symptoms of no infection in children, but urine culture is positive.
If the urinary tract infection cannot be detected and treated in time, it will become chronic, which may cause a series of serious complications such as kidney scar, kidney damage and renal failure. Therefore, parents should have urinary tract infections in children, especially infants and young children. Caused enough attention.
Regarding the prevention of urinary tract infections, parents can refer to the following points:
- Drink plenty of water, eat more hot and humid food, such as melon, barley rice, alfalfa, raw licorice and so on.
- Enhance immunity: because there are a few bacteria in the normal pediatric urethra, when the body's resistance is reduced, the bacteria can invade or ascend, causing urinary tract infection. Therefore, children should strengthen physical exercise and maintain a good spirit in order to enhance their resistance and reduce the chance of urinary tract infection.
- Urinate more, you can rinse the urethra for babies; do suppresses the urine, prevent urine reflux.
- Pay attention to the cleansing of the vulva after urination, especially the baby using a diaper. In addition, female babies are more likely to have urinary tract infections because they are shorter than male babies, so we must pay special attention.
- Children and adults separate toiletries to avoid cross-infection.
- Remove urinary tract malformations or urinary tract obstruction factors as soon as possible, such as phimosis and foreskin is too long
The special reminder for parents, in addition to the symptoms of the above urinary tract should be treated in time, asymptomatic bacteriuria, early detection is also very important, because the child usually has no symptoms, so the child's physical examination Regular review of urine routines must be taken seriously.